Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"All I Want For Christmas" is a Belfast Giants Video

You’re not going to believe this, the AMHL Photographer said to me yesterday evening.

Close your eyes, she said as she sat me down at the dinner table and situated the laptop on the tabletop.

At Puck Daddy’s Yahoo site, I peeked at the uploading video before the music was ready and thought I saw Patrice Bergeron starting to mouth the words to Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas.”

Nope, turns out it’s Tim Cook*: A Belfast Giant not a Boston Bruin. A lip-synching, dancing, prancing Giant elf that has more moves than Allied Van Lines. And his teammates, who appear to have practiced their moves for no more than it takes to serve a double-minor penalty, have more flair than Ovechkin or Crosby.

I’ve seen the video three times now (hey, I love singing that song any month) and will, I’m certain, watch, sing (prance to the music) again. Just like I did in March 2007.

*Tim Cook. This Tim Cook, the professional; not that Tim Cook, the impish amateur hockey player/professional photographer.

No comments: